What does money mean to you? Anyone can learn to manage finances for the benefit of themselves and their whānau.
What financial services do we provide?
We can help with:
- Preparation of budgets and cashflows – working towards a balanced budget and a working cashflow;
- Negotiations with creditors / managing debt;
- Information and education about banks, credit unions, loan companies and other financial services, and how they work;
- Computer support to get into your bank account, myIRD and myMSD to retrieve your information;
- Credit checks;
- Support/advocacy at meetings with WINZ /banks/creditors;
- Fulfilling agent duties for whānau who are unable to access services;
- Developing conversation guides you can use in meetings with service providers or creditors;
- Working through financial packages – No Asset Procedures, Summary Instalment Orders and Bankruptcy.
What other resources are available?
Work and Income: www.workandincome.govt.nz
Ministry of Social Development: https://my.msd.govt.nz
Sorted: for impartial financial advice and resources visit www.sorted.org.nz
Settled: for independant information for home buyers visit www.settled.govt.nz