Kaimahi supporting and engaging with youth in proactive and aspirational programmes that tranistion tai tamariki.
What Activities Are There?
- Community beautification – D’Tag, painting
- Habitat for Humanity
- Maare Kai / Gardens
- Cultural visits – Waitangi Treaty Grounds, Ruapekapea
- Basic Tikanga Maori
- Online Learner Licenses
- Emplyment walkthroughs
- Fishing off the rocks and wharves
- Picking pipi, puha and watercress
- Diving for kaimoana
- Eeling and setting nets
Health, fitness and outdoor recreations
- Waka Ama and kayaking
- Aquatic Centre gym and swim
- Boxfit and circuit training
- Bush and coastal walks
You might like to read…
The Whangarei Men’s Shed teamed up with an Otangarei work skills programme to teach people how to make park benches for the community.
Te Ara Oranga is a pilot Methamphetamine Demand Reduction strategy, aimed at decreasing the number...
This event informs NorthTec students and the wider community of inspiring stories of the...