Community Social Workers
We provide support and advocacy on a high risk, high need level to our communities
What are Social Workers?
Social Workers advocate for the whole Whanau by helping them navigate complex systems and access necessary resources and support.
Our team have combined experience of over 30 years.
What services do we provide?
Aligning our practice with the principles of Te Hau Awhiowhio and Te Tiriti o Waitangi, we provide services such as:
- Advocacy, liaise, consult with Oranga Tamariki, Work & Income NZ, Ministry of Social Development and Ministry of Justice
- Advocacy for other organisations, services and whanau
- Community support
- Family Violence Prevention
- Family and individual well being
- Networking with Governmental and non-Governmental organisations
- Facilitation, Mediation & Co-ordination of Hui-A-Whanau
- Assisting whanau to identifying their needs
- Whanau empowerment
Who are Social Workers For?
Our Social Worker service is available for anyone in the Tai Tokerau community through self referrals, court-referrals as well as Oranga Tamariki.
If any of the services we offer are of interest to you, please get in touch.
You might like to read…
Thanks to Taika Waititi’s recent Oscar win, the New Zealand film industry is getting more and more...
Lightning Lab GovTech - a programme of Creative HQ - is about better serving citizens by creating...
On Wednesday August 2, more 21st century health technology arrived in Otangarei as the iMOKO...
Te Ara Oranga is a pilot Methamphetamine Demand Reduction strategy, aimed at decreasing the number...
Shane White and Elaine Ngamu are the kaimahi for Patua Te Ngangara, which was established in 2003...
This event informs NorthTec students and the wider community of inspiring stories of the...
The Ministry of Social Development has granted funding to implement a new employment-ready...