We pride ourselves in working with Whānau in Otangarei and the wider community.
What are Social Workers?
Our social services team are a team of qualified social workers that pride themselves in working with Whānau in Otangarei and the wider community.
Our team consist of a lead professional for the Children’s Team and a Team Leader that has a background of working for Oranga Tamariki liaising with Corrections, District Health Boards and educational professionals.
The team have combined experience of over 30 years.
What services do we provide?
Aligning our practice with the principles of Te Hau Awhiowhio and Te Tiriti o Waitangi, we provide services such as:
- Advocacy, liaise, consult with Oranga Tamariki, Work & Income NZ, Ministry of Social Development and Ministry of Justice
- Advocacy for other organisations, services and whanau
- Community support
- Family Violence Prevention
- Family and individual well being
- Networking with Governmental and non-Governmental organisations
- Facilitation, Mediation & Co-ordination of Hui-A-Whanau
- Assisting whanau to identifying their needs
- Whanau empowerment
Who are Social Workers For?
Social workers are available for anyone in the Tai Tokerau community via walk-ins, as well as Oranga Tamariki and court-referrals.
If any of the services we offer are of interest to you, please get in touch.
You might like to read…
Lightning Lab GovTech - a programme of Creative HQ - is about better serving citizens by creating...
Te Ara Oranga is a pilot Methamphetamine Demand Reduction strategy, aimed at decreasing the number...
This event informs NorthTec students and the wider community of inspiring stories of the...